Are you a person who loves to spend time in the kitchen? Perhaps you love to entertain friends with a focus on cooking together and eating together right in your kitchen area. If you have decided to remodel your kitchen to make it a more elegant room, from selecting the furniture to choosing accent pieces, here are some idea that might help you to create something that both your family and your friends will enjoy.
Selecting The Basics - Selecting things like the wall treatment and the flooring will help you to set an elegant mood in your kitchen.
- As you choose the wall treatment, consider selecting something that would also go in a formal dining room. For example, select wall paper that has metallic silver or gold as part of the design.
- Another idea is to select a basic color of paint and then embellish it with stenciling. Choose soft hues for a calming effect and bold jewel tones for added drama as your basic paint color.
- A marble or tile floor would be really good for setting an elegant mood. If you want something chic and traditional, consider black and white tiles.
- Have you ever seen faux painted cement? Whether you do it yourself or whether you hire a professional to do the artwork, the floor can have the appearance of dark wood, Italian marble, brick or almost anything else you can envision.
- When you select the countertops for your elegant kitchen, consider using granite or tile. Besides being beautiful, both of them are very easy to maintain.
Add Decorative Pieces - Once you've established which wall treatment and which flooring you want for your elegant kitchen, you'll be ready to shop for extras which will add pizzaz to the room.
- Since you want an elegant kitchen, consider selecting a table and chair set that would also be good in a formal dining room. Dark wood will give the room a traditional look. Metal furniture can be very elegant and it will give your kitchen a contemporary look. Select a china cabinet where you can display collectibles.
- Do you want an island in the room? If so, think of selecting tall stools that match the table and chairs you have chosen.
- Choose a crystal or brass chandelier and add wall sconces that will complement it. In addition, choose drawer pulls and knobs that match the chandelier you have selected.
- Think of the way you have decorated your living room and borrow ideas from that. For example, if you love oil paintings, use them in your kitchen, too.
- Choose unique pieces for places like your countertops, the middle of your dining table and for your china cabinet. For example, shop at places like antique stores and estate sales to find things like one-of-a-kind canister sets.
Don't forget to install lighting that will help to set an elegant mood in your newly remodeled kitchen. For more information, contact a business such as Kavin Construction.